Warning Signs You Need to Call the Dental Office in Elk Grove Village
Seeing the dentist twice a year for preventative care appointments can keep a person’s smile healthy and looking its best. With proper care from the dentist, brushing and flossing, people can help to prevent cavities and gum disease. When problems do arise with a person’s oral health, it is crucial they contact the dental office in Elk Grove Village. Prompt treatment of oral health concerns can help to prevent permanent damage.
Paying attention to these warning signs will allow you to know when to call the Dental Office in Elk Grove Village:
• Although tooth pain may be common from time to time, ongoing pain is not normal. If you are experiencing constant and severe tooth pain, this most likely means you have a cavity, infection or an injury that needs to be checked by the dentist.
• Those who experience white or dark spots on their teeth may have a cavity. Cavities need to be checked by the dentist so extensive damage does not occur.
• Foul odors coming from the mouth may be a sign of gum disease or tooth infection. If bad breath escalates, or does not improve with proper oral hygiene care, it is important to see the dentist.
• Swelling in the gum tissue, bleeding or pus drainage should never be ignored. This means the infection has entered the gum tissue. Without prompt and proper treatment, massive tooth loss could occur.
• When injuries strike, people need to make sure they see their dentist. Prompt dental care can often save a tooth from being lost. The dentist can even repair teeth that have been completely knocked out if the person is seen in time.
• Jaw pain can occur for several reasons, but is often related to the temporomandibular joint. When a person is suffering from the symptoms of TMJD, the dentist may be able to offer treatment that can help.
If you are experiencing any of these signs, it is important to contact your dentist right away for treatment. To learn more about your options for treatment, visit Brian Homann, DDS, P.C. Through their comprehensive dental services, the health of your teeth and gums can be fully protected.