Reasons a Home Might Need Basement Foundation Repair in Baltimore
Dealing with basement and foundation problems can become a nightmare for homeowners. These issues can cause thousands of dollars in damage and can make a home unstable enough to need to be vacated. It is imperative homeowners are aware of the signs that could mean their home needs Basement Foundation Repair in Baltimore.
Multiple Signs of Foundation Problems
There are multiple signs that will begin to occur when a home needs Basement Foundation Repair in Baltimore. Should a homeowner notice any of the signs below, it is wise for them to call the foundation repair specialists right away.
- If a homeowner notices many of their windows and doors seem to be “stubborn” and will not open, it is time to seek repairs. One or two windows may just mean there is a problem with lubrication.
- When a foundation needs to be repaired, it is not uncommon for homeowners to notice their ceilings and floors begin to sag. Sagging is often caused by a foundation that is dropping and is no longer strong enough to fully support the weight of the house.
- When a basement seems overly musty smelling, this is not normal. Basements are not supposed to be wet. If a basement is having problems with leaking and mold and mildew growth, foundation repair issues may be present.
- Gaps between the walls and windows should never be ignored. When this separation occurs, it is almost always caused by a foundation that is sinking and has become compromised.
- Bowing in the walls is also a signal of foundation problems. When bowing becomes a problem, homeowners need to immediately schedule an inspection of their foundation to see what problems are occurring.
- Cracks in the foundation walls or the interior walls should never be ignored. Seeking immediate repairs can help to stop further damage from occurring that can become expensive to repair.
Schedule an Inspection
If you are experiencing any of the above signs, now is the time to seek repairs. Contact Armored Basement Waterproofing right away. They are the foundation experts homeowners can fully rely on for all of their foundation repair needs. Call them right away to get started.